2015-04-22

040 Quilt as You Go ~ Abigail & Mark

Quilt As You Go has intrigued me for a while. I'd found a tutorial at Little Island Quilting that i bookmarked as a resource; her measurements for the strips are what I used. I also found another tutorial at The Quilting Edge and while i found her instructions very easy to understand, the measurements didn't work for me.
I played around a bit with a few different quilting styles on each block, some were better than others...but......Here it is, done and I like how it turned out.
 The back, better shows the quilting styles.
 "A" quilted on a Hummingbird block....for Abigail
"M" quilted, shown on the back....for Mark
 The measurements for the strips (which look like sashing, but are in fact what hold the blocks together) are: for the front 1 ¾" wide, folded in half, and for the back 1" wide.
 The front sashing and the back sashing are sewn and the back is pressed out.
 I had to go to my Juki to sew this seam because the feet on the Janome were too wide, and kept pushing the batted layer away which made for a few 'unsewing' seams.
Back to the Janome to top stitch the front.

I really enjoyed this process, and am currently working on a queen sized Dresden Plate Quilt, in the QAYG method.  Measures 59" x 70"

1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous quilt! What a lot of love went into it. Happy colours!

    ReplyDelete